Monday, September 29, 2014

Mexi- Mac and Cheese

I made this wonder meal late at night, so don't mind the funky lighting! 


         I can pretty much assume this is a Rachel Ray recipe, and while the bitch can definitely cook some bomb food, she's just got way too much time on her hands.. I mean seriously this recipe calls for THREE pots and pans to be used, THREE, my dish washer will not be able to hold THREE large dishes, and there is no way in H- E- Double Hockey Sticks I plan on hand washing dishes on a Friday night... it just ain't happening.. so I changed up this recipe, to be just a TWO dish recipe (I think you could easily do it in just 1 pan, but I was not up for trying..)

Now I'm always excited to share a rock star recipe with the world, because, well I want everyone to know of all the good things in the world, but this recipe I feel extra excited about.  This recipe is like, woahhh... now I love me some mac and cheese (who doesn't?) but this, this is life changing, no way can you have "just Kraft" after having this... seriously...

I did not make this recipe with meat, because well I don't eat meat, however I think most people would think its even better with meat, and I wish I would have made it with chicken, because, that would have been delicious, or ground turkey, or basically anything! 
hot dogs anyone?? 


Mexi Mac and Cheese
1 lbs elbow macaroni 
1 lbs ground beef
1 package of Taco Seasoning (or a little chili powder)
1 Red bell pepper- chopped
4 green onions- chopped
4 oz Chopped Green Chiles (Whoops I think I forgot this!) 
2. T butter
2. T flour
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, bring water to a boil, and cook noodles until al dente

While your noodles are cooking, brown your meat in a large pan, stir in Taco seasoning, Bell pepper, Green onions, and Green Chiles. sauté until veggies are tender.

In a THIRD pan (or just place that last pan of meat and veggies on a plate, and reuse it, that's what I did) melt your butter, stir in the flour, and stir constantly for about 1 minute. turn down to Low heat, and add milk and cheese, stir until cheese has melted into sauce.


After draining your noodles, return them to their large pot, mix in meat and veggies, and cover in cheese sauce.  stir until well mixed. 


I really don't see why you need to make the cheese sauce separately? you could probably get by with just tossing the cheese milk and butter onto the warm noodles and it would melt itself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment