Sunday, November 17, 2013

Don't Peak Chicken

I stole this recipe off of Pinterest, and then added a bit of a twist on to it!  now I should admit, before I tell y'all before you make it, that i actually wasn't able to take more than like 2 bites of it. not that it wasn't delicious- because it was, but I was watching the walking dead, and the chicken tasted a little fleshy, but this is just me, and my crazy views on thinking meat is fairly gross. either way the rice was great and the bite i had was actually really good

* second side note- i used regular rice, and it took like an additional hour to cook. so use minute rice. or something similar!


  Don't Peak Chicken
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 cup brown rice
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup cold water
1 clove garlic- chopped
1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 onion chopped
1 package onion soup
salt 
pepper
paprika



mix the rice, soups, water, garlic, Worcestershire, and onion, pour into a baking pan- add the chicken, season with salt pepper and paprika. 

cover with tin foil- and place in the oven for 1 hour.  

I let mine sit in the fridge for a few hours (mostly because I felt like cooking, way before dinner time, but also because I love to let my chicken sort of marinate for a little bit) 


I sure do love a 1 pan meal. nothing beats having so few dishes at the end of the day!

also has anyone realized yet that i ONLY cook skinless boneless chicken breasts as my meat?? haha I'm to scare to venture into other sorts of chicken, but I'm coming around to this whole meat eating world!

No comments:

Post a Comment