Friday, November 22, 2013

slow cooker enchilada

so I Love Mexican food (if you haven't noticed) but I super LOVE enchiladas, that being said I'm OBSESSED with this new crock pot meal! OBSESSED-  this recipe is probably for like 4-6 people, and Eric and I ( mostly Eric) finished the WHOLE CROCK POT!!!

Crock Pot Enchiladas
1 package tortillas
1 can corn with peppers- drained
1 teaspoon chili powder
salt and pepper- to taste
1 can green chile peppers
2 cups shredded cheese
2 cans * or 1 big can of enchilada sauce
1 can (i used 2 because I'm a bean lady) black beans- rinsed and drained
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts- diced

layer the tortilla than corn, than chicken, chili peppers, cheese, beans, enchilada sauce and seasonings- and then do a second layer - think lasagna style. 
 put in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours. 

I topped mine with sour cream- although if i had guac i would have added that instead.
Now if I were to do this again, I'd add even more enchilada sauce, but it was a bit "soupy" as it was, so I guess that's a personal preference!



P.S since I'm a weirdo about meat I had to precook my chicken. so when I opened my stove (which I almost never use) I found last weeks dinner still in there!! I guess I need to stop cooking with wine (or stop putting it back in the oven to "keep it warm")  luckily I turned the stove off!


No comments:

Post a Comment