Sunday, December 15, 2013

Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups

So let me start out by saying this is not my first time at the rodeo when it comes to these bad boys.  I actually have made them once before, for a football game, and then Eric and I loved them so much, about 5 hours later, I made a second batch (well, really I halved the recipe the first time, and then halved it again the second time. meaning I only really made one batch!)

Eric is also the president of Ft. Irwin MEDDAC Junior Enlisted club thing… anyways, he thinks he is cool, and yesterday was his first function as club president- he and the vice president hosted a Christmas party! --- and I knew just what to bring! Chicken Enchilada Roll ups- and let me tell you, the party was a bit of a fail (but hey no one learns to run when they take their first step! it was his first try, I'm SURE it will get better…it has to get better) but these roll ups were a HUGE HIT.

Here is a slightly inappropriate story from one roll up enthusiast at the party:

"WHO THE FUCK MADE THESE CHICKEN THINGS!!?"- guest
"mmmm..me?" - I say all worried, does he thinks they taste like shit? or maybe he found a finger in it?
"HOLY SHIT…HOLY SHIT GIRL!! THESE ARE THE FUCKING BOMB"- guest

well thank you for your enthusiasm! I appreciate it!

so here you go.


Chicken Enchilada Roll Up
3 chicken breasts- shredded
2- 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
3 cloves of garlic- minced
1 1/2 T. chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
4 green onions- chopped
1- 10 oz can of Rotel - drain only half the can
1 Package tortillas
salt and pepper to taste


mix everything (minus the tortillas) in a mixing bowl- ensure that the cream cheese is fully softened, this  will make a huge difference! place the bowl of mixed yummies into the fridge for at least 1 hour
scoop mixture into tortillas, roll and then cut











I let my husband cut, which is why these sorta look messy






I also tried this as a quesadilla, because as I was making it, I got hungry- and it was SO yummy- just put the mixture in a tortilla, fold in half and pop in the oven or microwave. yummy yummy!



Please don't mind my hands in this picture- I wash my hands probably close to 100 times a day at work, my nail beds look like crap. There is nothing I can do about it!



1 comment: