Sunday, December 29, 2013

Southwest Salad with Cilantro Dressing

You might be surprised to hear this, but I'm actually trying to get a little healthier.  I even (maybe) have every intention of giving up alcohol this next year… I'm still thinking it over though.  Either way today I was CRAVING healthy foods.
Now I fully believe if you are craving something, its probably because your body really wants it.  So if you crave salty foods, eat salty foods, if you crave water, or candy, or protein, eat it.  Its pretty simple.  But that's just what I think, and I am not a doctor so I could be totally wrong.  Anyways, my subway salad did not cut it for lunch so for dinner I wanted a huge salad. Only we are out of Ranch, and I also needed protein.

so here is what got created:




Cilantro Dressing
1 1/4 C chopped Cilantro
1 C. Olive Oil
5 T. White Wine Vinegar
2 Garlic Cloves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon minced jalapeno 

toss in the blender, and then let cool in the fridge for an hour or two.  toss on your salad and ENJOY
I also tossed some salt and pepper to it!




Southwest Salad
For the salad i just tossed a few cups of lettuce, a can of black beans (washed). a few tomatoes, 1 avocado, some green onions, carrots, and corn. (or what ever else you have on hand). 





No comments:

Post a Comment