Sunday, December 15, 2013

Hearty Vegetable Pasta Soup

At Ft Irwin (where I live) its about 60 degrees now in there 2nd week of December, but I still think its FREEZING! seriously what happened to my Minnesota blood.  So, when I remembered this recipe I was ecstatic.
          One of my first wedding gifts I got was a recipe book of soups, which was awesome, because I had just gotten back from Africa, and was so excited to eat ANYTHING and everything (but at the same time, so many foods made me sick, after 5 months of eating only rice and beans). This became my go-to meal, when I would wake up at 4 am still on Kenyan time thinking I was perhaps starving to death.

Hearty Vegetable Pasta Soup
1 cup bow tie pasta
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cups vegetable broth (I usually use chicken broth, anything works)
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
1 potato- cubed
2 carrots- sliced
1 stalk celery- sliced
2 oz steamed spinach
1 teaspoon dried basil
salt and pepper to taste


heat oil in a pan, add onions- cook until translucent. add the broth, tomatoes (with juice) potato, carrots, celery, basil and salt and pepper.  bring to a boil over high heat, simmer for 20  min. stir in pasta, cook for 8 minutes than add spinach, cook until spinach is soft.








ENJOY!

p.s I ended up tossing some peas in there too, because I had just a little left over, so feel free to toss anything else you like in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment