Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Red Pepper Lasagna

I was not going to blog about my Christmas eve dinner, but it was amazing.  I've always thought lasagna was one of my best recipes, but for some reason, this one was super good, I think its because I used more tomatoes than I usually would.  I also know this recipe looks like some pretty standard, boring lasagna, but its not, because there are crushed red peppers in them! and its amazing!

Crushed Red Pepper Lasagna
1 package of lasagna noodles
1 large container of cottage cheese
1 big can of crushed tomatoes
1 big can of diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 bag of Italian shredded cheese
1 C. Mexican shredded cheese
2 T. crushed red pepper
2. T. oregano
1 T basil
salt and pepper to taste
feel free to add meat to your tomato sauce- I just don't eat it!


in a large pot dump both cans of tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasoning.  Stir continuously until hot.

in a 9 x 12 pan layer lasagna noodles, tomatoes, cottage cheese, half of your Italian shredded cheese, then repeat: noodles, tomatoes cottage cheese, Italian cheese.
top with noodles and cheese




No comments:

Post a Comment