Thursday, December 26, 2013

Spicy Southwest Chicken

I have to be honest, I was given a blender as a wedding gift, and as much as I totally wanted one, I have yet to use it.  Personally blenders freak me out, its like the garbage disposal, your hand could easy be lost while using one.  That being said I was a little nervous to try this recipe that calls for a blender, but when i got done blending, and opened the lid, it smelt like Jesus' breath, or what I would guess his breath smells like…. amazing! I cannot wait to eat this!!! and from what I sneaked a taste at, it was AMAZING!
This picture turned out a bit yellower, than it actually is!

Spicy Southwest Chicken
1 medium sized tomato- quartered
1/2 onion- chunked
1/4 C. vegetable oil
1/4 C. soy sauce (oh shit, I forgot this!)
1/4 C. fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 Jalapeño- chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

In a blender, or food processor, combine everything other than chicken.


In a bag (for freezer meals) or a bowl (if you are eating it tonight) pour the contents of the blender, add chicken, and marinate for 2-8 hours in the refrigerator.
Toss in the freezer, or cook the same day.
Grill over hot fire. 




No comments:

Post a Comment