Sunday, November 24, 2013

Crock Pot Fried Rice

 I know everyone thinks "ohh fried rice is so bad for you!!" blah blah blah… and my question is….why?? when did brown rice, eggs, chicken and veggies become unhealthy?? talk about protein! (although I'm no nutritionist so I could be totally be off on this, but I just think fried rice gets a bad rap)

Last night I decided for dinner I just needed some fried rice, but I hate using my oven so I thought "why not crock pot it?'. That being said, I just used what I had on hand, and now I ALWAYS use brown rice, but i only had like 1/4 cup left so I used some of Nike's white rice which lead to a handful of problems (i.e I kept thinking "wow its so light, theres hardly any soy sauce on here!!!" and like 2 cups of soy sauce later I had a lot of salt on my rice…so that was dumb)

anyways like I said, I used what I had on hand, which meant I was totally out of chicken so no chicken got put in here, but it would have been lovely with it in there!

Also side note: I love my rice eggy, super eggy. and I also use mostly egg whites, but I'm going to give you the regular egg amount (I used twice as many eggs, but only used the egg whites, so feel free to do that too)!


Crock Pot Fried Rice
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups veggies (peas and carrots??)
1 cup onion (or less if you aren't the onion type)
4 eggs- beat together
1 Tbs Butter
soy sauce to taste


toss everything into the crock pot and cook on high for about 4 hours, I kept it on a bit longer because I like my eggs over cooked!

ended up being some of the best fried rice I have ever had!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment