Monday, September 22, 2014

Freezer Egg McMuffin

Ill be the first to admit these don't look "pretty" but trust me they are yummy!


My husband and I have one of those reoccurring arguments (you know the kind, where no one is right, and no one is wrong, and it generally gets brought up after spending way too much time in a car together) over whether or not McDonalds breakfast is "worth it"... He says eggs aren't worth $5... I say, they are amazing and bring me to McDonalds (however I don't eat meat, so I haven't had lunch or dinner at McDonalds in YEARS)

We also constantly argue over him going out for breakfast EVERY MORNING... granted he spends like $2 and its not a big deal, however that adds up!! and it bothers me, because like he says, eggs are cheap! 

I was so excited when I stumbled upon this recipe... both arguments solved.  I get my McDonalds breakfast, he has no excuse to eat out before work! 

Toss these bad boys in the freezer, and quickly zap them in the microwave when you are ready to eat them! and my favorite part is that there is no "mystery ingredients" (other than the kraft cheese, which you could easily swap for some real cheese)


Freezer Egg McMuffins
6 English Muffins
6-9 eggs
1 T water per egg
6 slices of cheese

mix the eggs and water in a medium sized bowl. cook them as you please 
- I used a small fry pan and did them individually- however if you had one of those microwave egg cookers that would be awesome- or use a circle cookie cutter and fill the inside with egg and fry- or cook a large pan omelet style and just cut them into the size you need-
toast the English muffin. and assemble, the egg and cheese into the muffin.

You could easily add to this recipe too! onions and veggies in the eggs? add sausage, or bacon, or ham! 


To Freeze:  wrap in plastic wrap, and then tin foil and freeze
To Serve: place in a paper towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment