Friday, September 19, 2014

Baked Chicken Tenders

 I don't know about you, but there is nothing I like quite like some chicken nugs or tenders, but, after taking a bite or two, I can't help but think I'm eating mostly just ground up beak and feet (sorry gross picture I know). So I have been dying to make my own tenders, ones i know come from the "good parts" of a chicken!

This would also be and AMAZING freezer meal! Just cook a huge batch, and then freeze them, and when ready toss them back in the oven to warm them up!! (I'm totally doing that soon!)

Baked Chicken Tenders
2 chicken breasts
2 eggs
1-2 cups of flour
1 roll of ritz crackers
salt and pepper
1/2 t paprika 
1/2 t Cayenne pepper
1/2 t minced garlic

Preheat the oven to 450.  spray with pam on a cooling rack, or pizza pan (something that allows the chicken to cook on both sides at the same time works best) 

Take out three separate containers ( two paper plates and a bowl is what I used, but anything along those lines work).  in the bowl mix the eggs and garlic.  on one plate add the flour, salt and pepper. and on the last plate smash up the ritz cracks and season with paprika and Cayenne pepper.  

first dip it in the flour
then into the egg, and lastly into the ritz 
Cut your chicken into chunks, depending on the size you want.  take each individual piece of chicken and dip it first in the flour mixture, then the egg, and lastly in the ritz.  make sure each step is completely covering the chicken, and allow the excess to fall off.  

bake for 15-20 minutes. or until perfectly cooked and golden!

before they went into the oven.  I should have used a cookie cooling rack, but I couldn't find mine. so I used a pizza sheet. which helps the chicken cool on both sides and none of the breading fell off! 
ENJOY :) 


The sauce pictured in the top picture is Mississippi Come Back Sauce totally recommend it! it took like two minutes to make! And its amazing, and I hear it can go on ANYTHING, even salads!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment