Sunday, January 26, 2014

Homemade Chia seed Protein Bars

I recently bought this massive bag of chia seeds… and I have NO IDEA how to use them all up, other than I take little "chia seed shots" in the morning.  so I created my own recipe to try and use some of them up, and it turned out awesome… about 200 calories and 12 grams of protein in each bar, depending on what brands you use, and how big you cut them.

Protein Bars
1 cup of peanut butter
2 cups instant oatmeal (uncooked)
1/4 C chia seeds
2 scoops of your favorite protein shake powder
raisins- as many as you like


mix all ingredients in a bow, pour into a pan and refrigerate.  I also added half a scoop of protein powder on the top of my bars.  

oatmeal! 

totally wish I had more raisins on hand than I did and tossed in the Chia Seeds! 

I used Chocolate Cake Batter protein,  150 Calories, 22 Grams of Protein. 

optional topping of protein powered

No comments:

Post a Comment