Sunday, January 12, 2014

Seasoned Olive Oil for Bread

when I was little, my mom and I would go out to plays or dances, or what ever else down town Minneapolis, and there was a restaurant that had this amazing oil dip for bread, and I have never been able to find anything like it, until now… and to prove how good that oil dip was, I still remember it nearly 20 years later. Haha. 
The husband and I are having an "Italian" date night, and by "date night" I mean, he is watching football and I am writing this, but we will actually make it to the dinner table to eat, instead of sitting on the couch.  So we started out our date night with this amazing hors d'oeuvre. and I mean can it get any easier? just dump a few seasonings together! 
 Seasoned Olive Oil for Bread
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
olive oil


mix all the seasonings on a plate and slowly add the olive oil to the consistency you would like (I like more flavoring and less oil, but to each his own) 


No comments:

Post a Comment