Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hot Wing Pizza

So you may see a change in some of the foods I post.  Mostly my "Sunday Snack Heart Attacks" will stay the same. But with my "honeymoon" (is it still a honeymoon?? lets call it an anniversamoon) coming up, id like to at least TRY to loose a few stubborn lbs.  - this whole flu thing really kick started my weightless goals, I was down 7 lbs, until I had to get an IV full of fluids… and my 7 lbs came right back (can you believe that much of us is WATER!?!)

Anyways, this is not one of those new meals I'm talking about- I mean maybe it is. because usually if i were to order pizza and hot wings, id have both a couple slices of pizza, and a couple hot wings-  last night Eric and I decided to have a date night to make homemade pizza, and we just tossed the hot wings on top.  and let me tell you it was AMAZING!!!
One handsome man making pizza! 

our entire date night cost us, I don't know, maybe $10?? that would be stretching it, but that damn red box upped their prices so that just ticks me right off.. what happened to 99 cent movies?!! either way- we saved probably $90 but staying in and renting a movie and making pizza, than we did going out for dinner and going to a movie… that's like a 90% off coupon… and honestly it was much more fun (and we could stay in our jammies!)

set a timer, Eric ended up having to go back to the commissary for more pizza crust! lol
Before the oven





Hot Wing Pizza
2-3 skinless boneless chicken breast- cooked, and shredded
franks or other hot wing sauce- to taste
pizza crust- we used Pillsbury
cheese- to taste
green onions to garnish


Pillsbury pizza crust tells you to preheat your dough, so just follow the directions for dough making, don't forget to set a timer! 
once your chicken is cooked and shredded (feel free to use leftover chicken, or get some from the deli, or cook it up using whatever method you like best) place it in a bowl and slowly add your hot wing sauce.  tasting frequently to make sure you don't put too much in.
as a guide, we used roughly 3/4 Cup, although we like it HOT
once you have it to a flavoring you like. toss it on top of the pizza crust. top with cheese and green onions.  cook according to pizza crust directions.
and then ENJOY

no more of that terrible "should we get hot wings or pizza?" argument- please tell me other adult couples actually fight over this?? maybe?

coming up later today:  Philly Chicken Sandwiches in the slow cooker


No comments:

Post a Comment