Saturday, January 11, 2014

Creamy Spinach and Tomato Tortellini

I have been, attempting, to eat healthier… and then I saw this recipe and I lost all ambition, and I told myself "it can't be THAT bad…" and I was right! now maybe its not good for the body, but it is good for the soul… and I believe the soul lives a lot longer than the body anyways.. so HA.  (plus I mean, there is spinach in it!)


P.s I also found that you could probably half the creamy part of this recipe.. and it would still be equally delicious, and slightly more nutritious  ( left all the sauce at the bottom anyways!)

if thats all not the best part of this recipe- I swear it took like 15 minutes to cook the whole thing.-- feel free to add chicken or shrimp to this recipe!

        Creamy Spinach and Tomato Tortellini
  • 1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
  • 2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1-2 cups chopped fresh spinach
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 1/4 onion- chopped
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 Tablespoon oil
In a large pot cook Tortellini as directed on the back of the bag. (mine says boil 3 minutes) .
In a large pan, add oil, garlic and onion,  sauté until translucent. add the can of tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil, Parmesan cheese and spinach.
In a bowl whisk half and half and flour until smooth.
add the creamy mixture and tortellini to the spinach and tomato mixture. lower heat to medium low and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until thick.





No comments:

Post a Comment