Friday, February 7, 2014

BBQ chicken

It is a beautiful day (in SoCal) and I got off work early (false alarm of pink eye, not my choice to go home either, I might add) so I thought, nothing reminds me of the coming summer quite like some good old fashion BBQ Chicken… I will add, that chicken on the bone freaks me out, but if you are a normal human being, get like wings or something, because the bone makes it taste yummier, plus its easier to eat!!


BBQ Chicken
dry rub
1 T paprika
1 T Garlic Powder
1 T black Pepper
1 T Lawry's seasoned salt (I put that s**t on everything)
1 t salt

cover your chicken breasts with the seasonings (mine covered two large chicken breasts) and let sit for as long as possible, like an hour or a day, in the fridge.

put on the grill.  just make sure the flames are REALLY low, low and slow, low and slow. toss the chicken on for about an hour (flipping when needed) then toss on your favorite BBQ sauce, allow to cook (and melt) an additional 5 or so minutes, flip and sauce the other side for another 5 minutes… and then ENJOY!!

I asked Eric to describe it (before I tasted it) he goes "you know heaven?""yeah?" "well its like that, only probably better"
see told you its a beautiful night


its a bit windy, so I settled for a BBQ bag, which was a brilliant choice 

look how yummy those seasonings are!
ready to marinate for a few hours


OMG… amazing



No comments:

Post a Comment