Wednesday, May 27, 2015

quinoa Chicken and asparagus bake

This meal is AWESOME!!

I have also substituted the Asparagus out with broccoli (and it was amazing) and tonight I am trying it with Brussels sprouts (ill let you know how it goes!)

I usually bake everything at the same time, however I noticed that my veggies get a little OVER cooked, so tonight I am going to try baking everything, except for the vegetable, and then add the veggie halfway through!  But that really just depends on if you like your veggies firm, or not!

I know it looks really cheesy, but its not, for some reason when I freshly shred cheese it always looks overly cheesy!

Quinoa Chicken Asparagus Bake

1.5 C chicken broth
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 Cup Flour
3/4 C uncooked quinoa
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts- cut into bite size chunks
1 bunch of asparagus- cut into bite sizes
1/2 C shredded cheese


in a saucepan, bring chicken broth and milk to a boil, slowly (VERY SLOWLY) whisk in flour, until smooth and continue cooking for about 2 minutes, until thick.

in a large bowl mix the remainder of ingredients- except the cheese- and then pour into a baking dish (spray or use tin foil!) top with the shredded cheese, and cook for about 60 minutes at 375 degrees

you will know it is ready when the quinoa is sprouted, and the chicken is cooked through! 

No comments:

Post a Comment