Tuesday, March 3, 2015

One Pan Chicken and Vegetables

So I actually found this recipe on the back of a Swanson Chicken Stock box- but it wasn't actually "clean" (actually I'm not sure that chicken stock is even "clean" but I knew every ingredient in it, so that's clean enough) So I had to change it up a bit. Also when I read the world "oregano" for some reason I thought "cilantro" so theres that too- so feel free to use Oregano instead of Cilantro, although that cilantro tastes bomb in it (but I know some people say it tastes like dirt?? those people are not my friends)



Chicken with Vegetables
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
4 chicken breasts
1 medium onion- quartered 
1 lbs baby potatoes- cut in half
half a bag of baby carrots
1 1/2 cups Chicken stock
1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
few drops of olive oil


Preheat oven to 350

lather chicken with Paprika and pepper 

In a dutch oven, spread a few drops of olive oil, and place chicken on top, cook on the stove, for about 10 minutes, turning half way, until brown. Remove any fat from the bottom of the dutch oven (I didn't have any since I cut the fat off before I cooked the chicken, but if you didn't, drain it out, because that's gross)

Add the potatoes, and onions and cook and addition 5 minutes. 

add carrots, stock and cilantro and heat until boiling. 

Bake, covered for 20 minutes, stir and then uncover and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment