Sunday, June 23, 2013

For some reason I can so clearly remember being twelve or so, and dreaming of how wonderful it would be to just sleep next to a boy that I loved (I must have been listening to beach boys- wouldn't it be nice, or something) and mean that in the most innocent of ways too. Just going to sleep and waking up (in this day dream there was no bed head or morning breath) and rolling over to see a face I love.... Too bad I didn't marry someone who is as wonderful of a sleeping companion as my preteen self thought I would.
Serious conversation the other night:

"You were so fucking loud last night I'm not sure I ever fell asleep"- me (in a very angry, if-you-don't-let-me-sleep-I-might-kill-you voice)
"Hey, I've slept with myself every night for the last 23 and a half years, and never once have I woken myself up"- Eric

So last night I drag myself into bed, and I'm about to fall asleep when my bed starts to feel like a ship out at sea. Because Eric likes to put his foot on the footboard and rock, rocking the whole bed. After about an hour, and a bit of sea sickness, I hear him taking a deep breath and blowing out, perhaps he was blowing up balloons in his dreams?
And 99% of nights he sleep talks
Like the other night he was clearly dreaming he was at a football game, waking me up to tell me what the next play of the game would be
And then usually twitches, shakes or fake runs in his sleep
Not to mention our puppy who sleeps in a kennel on the other side of me has nightmares and cries all night, or snores,  and then at like 4 wants to sleep in bed with us.
I can't remember the last time I got a good night sleep.

now i have never been able to decide where i stand on the whole "premarital cohabitation" thought... statistics have proven that if you live together before you get married, your future rate of divorce goes through the roof.  but seriously, what did i get myself into??

No comments:

Post a Comment